Awards - Honors - Accomplishments
- Sacramento County 4H All-Star
- UC Davis Math team for National Mathmetics Competition. Our team in the relatively new Mathematics department at UC Davis tied with UC Berkeley's team.
- Beta Gamma Sigma - Business Honor Society - While getting a MS at Cal's Haas School
- 1978 - My wife, Joanna, gave birth to our son Thomas, who made us very proud. Probably my biggest accomplishment.
- My Mac app, MacTravelGuide, was written-up as "what's hot" in Macazine. I wrote it in 1985 (20 years before Google Maps). It had maps of major cities with things like hotels, restaurants, ATM machines (they were scarce in 1985. It used filevision a hypermedia app which was more funcional than html which web browsers use. I distributed it on dial-up services like CompuServe and the Source because the Internet was still under construction.
- New Jersey Sierra Club Environmental Honoree 2010
- California Nevada Sierra Club Outings Committee outstanding leader
- 2015 My web site DonsNotes with 3,500 pages with notes I'd been taking for 20 years on everything from politics to exercises for a bad back reached 30,000 hits per month.
- Finished 5th out of 25 in my age group (70-75) at the Philadelphia half-marathon (2016)
- After 15 years of research about Washington's Army 1777 Middlebrook Encampment where we lived on Vosselller Av in Martinsville for 40 years, I was able to help, Historian, Robert A. Mayers locate a rock outcropping along the first range of the of the Watchung Mountain which Washington used to observe General Howe's British Army which was stationed in New Brunswick. He thanked me by naming it, McBride's Rock in his new book Revolutionary New Jersey: Forgotten Towns and Crossroads of the American Revolution. (There was already another location named Washington's Rock)
- Varsity Letter in Swimming at San Juan High School
- BS Math UC Davis
- Water Saftey Instructor - (Can give swimming lessons thru Senior Lifesaving)
- IBM 7074 Programming Course Completion
- MS Management Science the Haas School at UC Berkeley
- Certificate in Data Processing (Data Processing Management Association)
- Basic Seamanship (Coast Guard Auxiliary)
- Wilderness First Aid